Install Kali Linux Tools in Ubuntu.
June 11, 2019, Author: Taylor
If you are like me, you don’t want to deal with the overly bloated interface that Kali presents you with. Though Kali Linux is a great distro altogether, it can become quite cumbersome quickly.
If you are a native Linux user, then this should be a godsend for you if you are looking to get into the world of Penetration Testing.
- Open a terminal and type in the test below to install the GitHub fetcher
- Download the Katoolin tools installer
- Copy the executable file to the proper directory for launching
- sudo cp katoolin/katoolin.py /usr/bin/katoolin
- Elevate the permissions of the executable
- sudo chmod ugo+x /usr/bin/katoolin
- Launch the executable using sudo Katoolin
Remember that you need to be in the Katoolin directory to launch the executable. You can always move this and launch from “/” but that is not a good idea.